Our staff of European Master Tailors has over 250 years combined experience in the pursuit of sartorial perfection and that expertise and hands-on workmanship delivers the finest quality and fit garments.
Our approach is decidedly “old-fashioned” and proudly so – the best fabrics, careful measurements and true Master Tailoring – the finest garment you’ll ever wear!
1. Fabrics: The finest fabrics are selected based on each client’s style and needs. We carry Chicago’s most extensive in-store inventory of exclusive European fabrics and proudly feature collections from: Loro Piana, Vitale Barberis, Holland & Sherry, Dormueil, J & J Minnis and the world’s other top mills.
2. Measurements: More than 40 measurements are taken for each order and a paper pattern is hand-designed reflecting style, shape and aesthetic. Each pattern is refined and adjusted throughout the course of multiple fittings and permanently stored for future re-ordering. Every subsequent garment is based on that finalized paper pattern.
3. Hand-cutting: Each garment is hand-cut in our own shop with meticulous attention toward posture, shoulder slope, fit and comfort. Only through this age-old method can every aspect of the client’s shape and size be incorporated.
4. 1st fitting: In its rawest form and basted together with simple thread, the garment is fitted, balanced and shaped – critical steps toward the perfect fit. Important details such as lapel shape, shoulder width and jacket length can be addressed and adjusted at this point with our staff.
5. Construction: The secret to our success: over 250 years combined experience dedicated to hand-crafting every element of the garment: shoulders, collar, sleeves, pockets. Our Bespoke garments never leave our shop and are handmade using old fashioned methods and authentic trimmings – we only use full canvas fronts.
6. Full Fitting: With the garment assembled but not yet finished, final shaping and adjustments are made: sleeves, trousers and waist. This final sizing is now recorded back to the original paper pattern and is the basis of future orders.
7. Finishing: Button-holes are meticulously hand sewn with silk threads and all linings and hems are completed. We use genuine horn buttons and carefully finish every seam to withstand the rigors of daily wear, seasonal weather and business travel.
8. Delivery: We hand press each jacket with a 25 lb. iron to give shape and memory to every crease and lapel … the perfect garment!